Tenerife Adeje Attractions and sights in Adeje
Attractions and sights in Adeje:
A popular hiking destination is the ravine Barranco del Infierno. The hike begins in Adeje, at the end of the town. The small path leads along the Barranco through dry ground, past numerous terraces and steep slopes. During the hike, you can see a large diversity of endemic flora and fauna. At the end of the path, you come to a wonderful waterfall, rising from overhanging rock.
The hike is rather a nice walk and thus also suitable for untrained hikers. After the hike, you can take a rest in the shadow of the trees in small cafés or restaurants. It goes without saying that there are individual holiday apartments and holiday houses for hikers in Adeje, too.
On this occasion, you should also visit the monastery of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe y San Pablo, very close to the town hall. In the monastery, there is also a museum where objets d’art of the 14th and 19th century are exhibited.
If you spend your holidays on Tenerife around Easter, you will experience a special kind of spectacle in Adeje on Good Friday – the Pasión Semana Santa. The street from the church down to the old Plaza becomes a historic place as you feel like taking part in the history. It is really worth visiting it.
In Siam Parque, a water park with numerous attractions for children, families, young and elderly, you can have lots of fun. A huge swimming pool area invites you to bask in the sun and to take a bath. The highlights of the park are a turbo slide, where you pass under a shark tank, and the artificial waves on which you can surf.
Down on the coast, nice, bright beaches of Los Cristianos to La Caleta are perfect to take a sunbath and to go swimming. Activity holiday-makers will be perfectly happy and satisfied here. Diving schools, sailing, waterskiing, paragliding etc. Everybody can practise his favourite sport.
A note for island explorers:
You can find museums in many towns of Tenerife, e. g. in Santa Cruz, in the Monasterio or in Realejos. The small, idyllic town of Garachico is also worth a visit.
• Activities in the area of Adeje:
- water sports like swimming, diving, snorkeling, jetski, surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, water-skiing, bananaboat and pedal boat at Costa Adeje
-Hiking in the Barranco del Infierno
- Two golf courses in Adeje
- Jogging along the beach promenade in Adeje
- Whale and dolphin boat trips
- Paragliding in Taucho/Ifonche Parapente Club del Sur Adeje,
Tel. 922 781357
- Aqualand with water slides and dolphin show
- Siam Park with wave pool and water slides
-Camel Park in Chayofa
- Parque Las Aguilas – Junglepark and Eaglepark in Chayofa
- Barranco del Infierno (hell canyon) with waterfall
- Teide national park (90 min. by car)
Annotation for island explorers:
There are museums in many places on Tenerife like for example in Santa Cruz, Monasterio or Los Realejos. Also worth is a visit in the little idyllic village Garachico.
Beaches in the area
- _Playa Abama
- _Playa Ajbao - Strand Callao Salvaje
- _Playa de Fañabé
- _Playa de la Enramada - Strand bei La Caleta
- _Playa de las Américas
- _Playa de las Vistas
- _Playa de Paraiso - El Roque
- _Playa de Troya
- _Playa del Camison - Strand Las Americas
- _Playa del Duque
- _Playa Diego de Hernandez
- _Playa El Puertito
- _Playa el Roque
- _Playa Los Cristianos
- _Playa Puerto Colon - Strand Las Americas
- Aeropuerto Norte - Flughafen: 87 km
- Aeropuerto Sur - Flughafen: 24 km
- Anaga-Gebirge: 94 km
- Buenavista del Norte: 53 km
- Candelaria: 65 km
- Costa Adeje: 5 km
- Costa Adeje / La Caleta: 5 km
- Garachico: 52 km
- Icod de los Vinos: 52 km
- La Orotava: 109 km
- Los Cristianos: 11 km
- Los Gigantes / Puerto Santiago: 24 km
- Playa Las Americas: 9 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 111 km
- Santa Cruz / La Laguna: 83 km
- Teide Nationalpark: 56 km
- Vilaflor: 30 km