Playa de las Américas – Eldorado for those who like bathing and the beach
Playa de las Américas and Costa Adeje are the most visited holiday resorts in Tenerife and have meanwhile grown together. Las Américas is the southern part below Playa de Troya. In former times, Tinerfeños (the locals of Tenerife) used to emigrate to America by ship. That’s where the name comes from.
Along the promenade there are many luxurious hotels but also small holiday apartments. The promenade with its beautiful beaches, leads from Costa Adeje via Las Américas to Los Cristianos.
Besides beach and sunbathing, Playa Las Américas offers also a variety of water sports.
In the Aquapark Octopus in San Eugenio Alto, young and old can enjoy the slides and the white-water ride.
You shouldn't miss the dolphin show.
The Sky-Park provides a thrill. Here they offer: bungee jumping, free fall, speed swing, but also swimming pools and water slides.
Experience the town by train: You can go on a sightseeing trip through the streets of Playa de Las Américas and Los Cristianos in a white slow train. Enjoy this amusing adventure, while experiencing the town at the same time.
Playa Las Américas offers everything a holiday-maker needs. Night life, all kinds of restaurants, beaches, shops, promenades, as well as night clubs, theatre and casino.
The Aquapark and the Jungle Park (Parque Ecológico Aguilas del Teide) are just a few offers in this community.
In Playa Las Américas there are many restaurants with beautiful ambience where you can spend romantic evenings.
• Activities in the area of Las Américas:
- Jogging/walking on the beach promenade
- Nightlife in the discoteques
- Diving, snorkeling - diving schools on site
- Surfspots for surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing
- Waterski, bananaboat, pedal boat, swimming
- Minigolf Parque Santiago with exotic cactus park
- Dolphin and whale boat trips
- Golf courses Costa Adeje
- Hiking in the canyon Barranco del Infierno/Adeje
- Pyramids with Flamengoshow
• Theme parks:
- Siam Park
- Aqua Park
- Cactus Park