The small fishing town of Los Abrigos is located on the south coast, only a few kilometers away from El Médano. Mainly locals live here.
Los Abrigos is known for its very good fish restaurants which are situated around the picturesque, small fishing port.
You can watch the fishermen while enjoying fresh fish and the wonderful view of the Atlantic.
Along the port there is a small promenade which goes up slightly.
Between rocks, there is a small sheltered bay where you can go bathing. At the port you can also go into the sea via ladders.
You can go hiking from Los Abrigos to the Nature Park Montaña Amarilla which is nearby.
The hiking path leads along the coast to the volcanic cone which impresses with its yellow colour.
The hike takes about 2.5 hours (there and back). Afterwards you can relax over a glass of wine and eat fresh fish while enjoying the fantastic view of the sea.
The only night market of Tenerife takes place in Abrigos every Tuesday from 6pm to 10pm. They offer a lot, from fish to clothes.
The golf course “Golf del Sur” is near the town.
• Activities in the area of Los Abrigos:
- Sailing in the little harbour
- Golf courses Golf del Sur, Amarilla Golf
- Diving schools/diving lessons
- Hiking through the nature park Montaña Amarilla
- The only night market on Tenerife (tuesdays 6-10 pm)
- Small beach Playa de Los Abrigos