Masca and the Masca ravine Barranco de Masca
The village of Masca attracts many hikers daily, because the rocky path through the Barranco de Masca begins here, and ends on the bay at the seaside (it takes about 6-8 hours there and back). In the case that you don’t want to hike both routes, you can go back to Los Gigantes by boat at the end of the gorge (Barranco). In this case you should book a guided Masca hike.
Due to a forest fire from 31st of July to the 3rd of August 2007, many houses were destroyed in Masca (amongst them also the restaurant of the old school), as well as a huge part of the vegetation area. The fire moved from the direction of the mountain to the village and had to be extinguished by a helicopter.
In Masca, the style of the houses, which have been built two-storied onto the slopes of the mountains, is particularly conspicuous. If there are several rooms in one house, then they are not connected with each other in the interior, but dispose of a separate entrance door each.
From the Mirador de Baracán you have the best view of the village and the surrounding landscape. In the valley there are palm trees, agaves, fig trees, almond trees, avocados and oranges.
• Activities in the area of Masca:
- Hikes/guided tours
Beaches in the area
- Herrlich türkises Wasser am Ende der Masca Schluc
- Toll zum Schimmen nach der Wanderung
- Nur zu Fuss über die Wanderroute oder mit dem Boo
- Adeje: 35 km
- Aeropuerto Norte - Flughafen: 72 km
- Aeropuerto Sur - Flughafen: 56 km
- Anaga-Gebirge: 86 km
- Buenavista del Norte: 18 km
- Candelaria: 97 km
- Costa Adeje: 37 km
- Costa Adeje / La Caleta: 36 km
- Garachico: 26 km
- Icod de los Vinos: 27 km
- La Orotava: 50 km
- Los Cristianos: 43 km
- Los Gigantes / Puerto Santiago: 19 km
- Playa Las Americas: 41 km
- Puerto de la Cruz: 54 km
- Santa Cruz / La Laguna: 83 km
- Teide Nationalpark: 55 km
- Vilaflor: 59 km