Arico - Idyll and paradise for climbers in Tenerife
Ca. 45 km to the south-west of Santa Cruz is the community Arico en south Tenerife, consisting of several Places.
Arico Nuevo is a mountain village, whose inhabitants live partly from agriculture even today. However, in the last years, some fincas and holiday apartments have been built. The town with its typical Canary architecture is under a preservation order.
North of Arico Nuevo is the small town of Arico Viejo, which also offers some holiday homes .
Around Arico, there is intensive farming. Fruit, vegetables and potatoes are mainly cultivated here. There is also one of the big wine-growing areas of Tenerife around Arico. "Lomo de Arico" with its small, baroque parish church San Juan Bautista, together with a church and a dragon tree, lies idyllically on a ridge.
Apart from agriculture, some fincas also offer nice and cheap holiday apartments and thus, especially for nature lovers, an ideal alternative to the apartment complexes.
Furthermore, there are several interesting climbing areas around Arico.
The dairy "Quesería de Arico" has been given the World Cheese Award. If you come from the southern motorway, the dairy, where you can buy directly from the producer, is signposted.
• Activities in the area of Arico:
- Trail Camino Real de Arico
- National park del Teide
- Climbing or bouldering in the glens Barranco de La Atalaja and Barranco de Los Caballos
- Diving school EasyBlueWorld with diving instructors and diving equipment in Abades
- Beach in Abades
- Swimming, snorkeling, diving, sailing, boat trips, fishing
- Wine cellar
- Church San Juan Bautista in Villa de Arico
- Teide national park