San Miguel - the vegetable and fruit stock of South Tenerife
San Miguel is in the south of Tenerife, about 12 km from the airport TFS away. The landscape consists of plantations and fields, where fruits, vegetables and potatoes are grown. Grapeyards are also quite common here. Therefore, San Miguel is the most important agricultural centre in the south. The village has not been effected by tourism - only in the area around the village a few fincas offer holiday accomodations.
In San Migual you find a mueseum in Casa El Capitán. There you can see the history of the area, the history of vineyard cultivation and the local art craft.
Futhermore, the sculpture parque of the Gernot-Huber-Foundation with its 80.000m² south of San Miguel is worth a trip. Many sculptures of variouss artist are displayed there. For single visitors the parque is only available on the first sunday of February, however, groups can arrange visits to the parque throughout the year.
The closest beaches from San Miguel is about 15 km away - Playa de la Tejite (nudism beach) and the 6km long natural beach of El Médano. Also the golf courses of Golf der Sur and Amarilla (west from San Miguel) are about 15 km away.
• Activities in the area of San Miguel:
- Snorkeling, kitesurfing and windsurfing in El Médano
- Sailing, diving and fishing in the sports harbour Marina de San Miguel
- Boat trips with dolphin and whale watching
- Hiking, biking
- Casa del General: museum of art handicraft
- Kinght's castle Castillo San Miguel with show dinner